United NationsInternational Affairs
Every day the UN works to tackle global challenges and deliver results for those most in need.New York,United States
- Every day they work to tackle global challenges and deliver results for those most in need.
- Giving life-saving support to populations hit by humanitarian crises, helping build and keep the peace in conflict-ridden areas, supporting governments and their citizens to advance development and fight poverty, and promoting human rights worldwide.
- Actively working on all that sustainable development goals
Founded at the end of the Second World War, the United Nations is an international association made up of 193 Member States committed to keeping international peace and security. Each day the UN works to tackle global challenges and achieve results for those most in need.
Providing life-saving support to people hit by humanitarian crises, helping build and keep the peace in conflict-ridden areas, helping governments and their citizens to advance development and fight poverty, and improving human rights worldwide are the core pillars of the work of the United Nations and the mandates it receives from its Member States.
The United Nations formulated the Sustainable Development Goals and these goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. Below you can learn more about each goal.
- No Poverty 👨👩👧👦
- Zero Hunger 🥣
- Good Health and Well-Being 🏥
- Quality Education 📚
- Gender Equality 🚻
- Clean Water and Sanitation 🚰
- Affordable and Clean Energy ☀️
- Decent Work and Economic Growth 💼
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure 💡
- Reduced Inequalities ❤️
- Sustainable Cities and Communities 🏙️
- Responsible Consumption and Production 🥗
- Climate Action 🌏
- Life Below Water 🐟
- Life On Land 🌳
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions 🕊️
- Partnerships for the Goals 🤝